Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Reflection

Hey gays,

As I sit here writing and looking out the window gazing at the skyline, the empire state building dusted with fog, a glimmer of green and red light shimmers off the moonlight, I wonder, what the fuck am I doing here?

I've often wondered how I ended up living in NYC. I guess the easy answer would be that my Jeffie wanted to move here and I followed him. However is it that simple?...no probably not.

My life was not horrible in Providence, looking back I think I had a lot of fun and without having been there means there would never be Jeff and me.

To tell you the truth I'm not a huge fan of the city, I guess the hard drive of the city, like all the walking,especially when it rains, the lack of public restrooms(huge issue for a celiac),the subway, the extra fee's on everything( we have a $500 move out fee when we leave this building, what the fuck is that for?, they can't answer the question, maddening). I miss having a car and sometimes feel trapped here.

Mainly it is the "software" i.e. the people that make it livable. We have both met so many wonderful people here of all different walks of life. Rich, poor, in between, artists, lawyers, custodians, gay, bi , straight and down right crazy people. Don't get me wrong there are some major assholes here as well and we've met plenty of those and I miss my best friend Mike most of the time. Mike and i have a bond, honestly if it weren't for him buying me the "Judy at Carnegie Hall" Record from salvation army I may have never starting performing. I wish I were rich just so i could move him down here...

I guess a place is a place in the end but it is the people that cross your path that make it a home. My mother has always been very social and I admire her for that, she craves people, i do too, always have and sometimes that means I run into a lot of characters. You see I have no hang ups really, well maybe a few but as far as people go I'm always interested....

Hey look at that, as i sit here typing this I've answered my own question, it is the people I've met here, that's why the fuck I'm still here...LOL

Oh, dear I'm embarrassed, I just had a Carrie Bradshaw moment.....



The Photo is by my baby Jeff Catlow, its so gorgeous!
XO, BT

3 comments:

Seth said...

A bit late, and wrong day, but...

Have a wonderful and happy holiday season!!!

*hugs*

Sethy

MargOH! Channing said...

you too doll!

Never too late for cheer!!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Gorgeous picture! I can empathize about the grind. Sometimes it can be merciless, but then you end up meeting a person or two and their energy is enough to give you a bounce just enough of one to make it on to safer ground.