Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Men and make-up

Hey gays,

I'm 40, yes I'm 40 and I'm thinking I need a touch up, I'd love a brow lift and the fat sucked out of my cheeks for that sunken in look.

These are just thoughts but for some reason they've been popping up a lot more..The other day I was thinking What about make-up? I mean I wear it for drag but why not a little powder and contouring on the cheeks and neckline...Is that really too gay? Then again who in the hell cares...why should women be the only ones allowed to experiment with make-up, really?

It made me think of my friends back in Rhode Island, these boys I hung out with when I was 20, they would always put on powder before going out and I remember thinking how silly and never joined in but now at 40 I'm thinking why the hell not...

I think I'm going to buy some of that mineral powder by Lumen's and give it a try and see , you know give it the old Boy George try...

Gays, i think I 'll try it tonight for the Liza concert...yawza.

I'm putting up a couple of pics, one in drag with full make-up and honestly this was not a great make-up night for old MargOH! but I'm standing next to the gorgeous Legs Malone and her outfit is very XMAS isn't it and then one of me in the park,looking , well 40 ... blah.

Make- up it is!!




XO, BT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make-up! Hell Yes! I wear Cover-Girl "Tru Blend" for those days when I'm xtra ruddy. But of course, for men, it's vital that it look natural otherwise it can appear like you're in the early stages of transitioning. Which, if you're transgender this would be a bold, beautiful and courageous first step--but if not--then you're inadvertently taking your sexuality onto a whole new trajectory.

I also tend to get lighter foundation--BUT--I think I'm going darker with the next bottle. My ruddiness gets covered but I end up looking like Nicole Kidman's brother, way tooooo pale....

But the color you use for MargOH seems a perfect match for your skin type. lucky.

Anyway, I *finally* fixed my internet issues and www.gaypowerliving.com is working!!! (yay!) It's a blog for now, but please show up, check it out and support me,and let me know what you think!!!

I put you on my blogroll... ;-)

MargOH! Channing said...

Hey Guard,

Oh, you sly puss...I never new you threw on a little make-up...lol...love it..You should try the new mineral powders/foundation..they really blend into the skin tones remarkably well. I just started using them at the expo and dashed some on last night and it is more like a little glow and masks the redness..etc.

Love it and yes of course I will support GPL, fun!!

XO, BT

Anonymous said...

oooh, i'll have to try the minerals....thanks!