Monday, December 8, 2008

Pal Joey

Hey gays,

This past week was very busy, indeed! We were going to see shows almost every night!
It's not something that we usually do all the time because its rather expensive when you take into consideration our rent, etc.....Its hard to pay to see a Broadway show when you live in NYC...it really is...

Anyway, this past week we saw Nellie McKay, Liza Minnelli, my friend Howlin Vics show and yesterday Pal Joey

I wasn't suppose to see Pal Joey, my Jeff was going with a friend who shall remain nameless because I thought what this person did was a little crappy, well a lot crappy. Jeff and said person got tickets to see this show a month or so ago but at like 1:15(show is at 2) told him that they had people visiting from out of town and they were running late for brunch and asked if I wanted to go in their place. I felt bad for Jeff and didn't want him to go alone so I went. I'm actually a little perturbed with this said friend...brunch running late so now Broadway show is not an excuse to cancel something in my book. Being ill or a work matter is one thing but saying I'd rather stay at brunch and cancel with you is just lame....This is a perfect example that sometimes having friends can be a real let down and a pain in the ass...


Pal Joey was good, Martha Plimpton was fantastic, she has a really interesting voice and Stockard Channing was really good, she is a great actress, very subtle and polished, her voice is passable(I'm afraid the critics will bash her voice) but her version of Betwitched, bothered and bewildered was very touching. The lead guy was cute, he replaced the star who hurt his foot, Matthew Risch is his name,good singer and dancer . Overall I 'd recommend checking it out and the costumes were fabulous...


All of this activity...and now its cold as ice outside. I want to hibernate...


XO, BT

No comments: