Friday, December 26, 2008

Miss Kitt!

Hey gays,

As I wrote my refection post the other day in my mind Eartha kitt flashed across my thoughts because when i was thinking about things i like about this city and she was at the top of my list.

I've had the chance to see Eartha Kitt perform several times in very intimate settings like Cafe Carlyle's, Joe's pub and the blue note and lastly at Carnegie Hall last year.

Seeing Eartha Kitt perform live was like an out of body experience for me every time. She was one of the most giving and appreciative performers I've ever seen. Honestly Jeff and I had seen her so many times that she remembered us and would nod and smile at us from the stage like she'd seen an old friend and always shook our hands and would say thanks for coming to see me. I'm sure she would do that to many people because once you saw her you would go back again and again.

She was truly special and I'm sad that I'll never see her perform live again, a selfish thought knowing she had colon cancer since 2006 and hopefully she didn't suffer but i think the love of her audience was so special and she gave it back 100%.

I know she was a "Diva" but I knew when she shook your hand and said thank you it was the most genuine gesture and I knew she meant it.

I feel like I lost an old friend today but luckily i can wrap myself up in her music any time i want, hmmmmm....

They just don't make em like Eartha kitt anymore!!

Simply the best

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very nice tribute and post to her greatness! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Fatt-ee Gay said...

Thanks Jeff, I am in awe of her talent and graciousness...

XO, BT