Monday, December 22, 2008

"Chew The Fat" with "Sethboyardee"

Hey gays,

After writing my blog all of these months it came over me that I should interview
some fabulous people on this here blog. I thought it would be fun to reach out to other bloggers, artists, performers, etc. to get their take on things.

My first victim or interviewee is "Sethboyardee"

I really enjoy his blog because one he posts pictures of hot men and two he has a fighting spirit. Oh yes, one other thing... He is a bit cranky! and very honest about his emotions. This to me is something not easy to do, especially on a blog. I try to be honest in all my posts but sometimes I think about what other people may think. Sethboyardee doesn't care and I admire that!!

Here is what Sethboyardee had to say

BT
Why did you start writing your blog?

Seth

Originally, I don't think I ever intended to publish it, rather just use it as my daily journal (with the knowledge it would someday be a famous best-selling biography, of course!!). There was no real "why" - I didn't start out with a specific purpose other than to share "me" with whoever might be interested.

BT
In reading your blog you talk about not being social, has writing the blog made you more comfortable facing or seeking social situations?

Seth

Nope. I still remain extremely shy, and unwilling to "get off my butt" and go out and do anything social. In fact, I think the blog (and the Internet in general) gives people MORE excuse to stay home and remain anonymous, if you will.

BT
How do you feel about being Fat and gay?

Seth

I'm never proud of my weight. but I am also not a "bear" or one of those "let your belly hang out proudly" type guys. My self-esteem is somewhere in the gutter. Of course, in our society, anything "FAT" = "BAD". As far as being gay, of course I am very positive of that - its who I am, after all

BT
In your blog you talk about not doing "gay things". What does that mean to you?

Seth

Well, there are the stereotypical things of course. I am - and proud of - being my own unique person, and if that means I don't obsess over Desperate Housewives or Madonna, or wax parts of my body and worry about the labels on my clothes, well, so be it.

BT
You post a lot of pics of twinks, thank you for that big boy, what attracts you to twinks?

Seth

I guess deep inside, it is an "opposites attract" thing (at least on my half of the equation). Skinny, smooth, muscular, athletic, defined, young, vibrant - all twink characteristics. I'm the opposite, fat, somewhat hairy, not muscular, sedentary, round, getting older, dull.

BT
I can't find a picture of you, have you ever let a reader see a picture? or are you a modern day Gretta Garbo or Betty Paige?

Seth

Ah ah ah... you didn't do your research!!! I have a self portrait - I cheated when I shot it from an angle so it doesn't make me look quite as fat!! There IS a link or two to a picture of me, you just have to dig and find it LOL.

BT
Whats the one thing you've always wanted to do but haven't? and why?

Seth

Hmm. Too many to mention. I suppose I would say, working as a club lighting operator - something I experienced years ago, and absolutely loved.

BT
What is your favorite blog and why?

Seth

I can't think of one off the top of my head *wink* but I am still really getting "into" following a lot of blogs, so its still a sort of new thing for me.. I have begun to feel really "close" to several of the bloggers who I follow, or at least close in the sense of empathy and understanding


******************************************

I'm sure Sethboyardee likes my blog the best..LOL , just kidding...

and yes, I did find his picture on myspace....its always a pleasure to put a face to a blog. I hope he lands his biography..I'd read it!

Sethboyardee is an interesting man and I enjoy reading his blog and I'll keep reading! Hope you all find Sethboyardee too...

XO, BT

4 comments:

Seth said...

I feel so victimized!!!

Just kidding. Look, I even get to be first to comment on my own interview.

I'm only cranky when I've not been fed.

I DO CARE very deeply about what other people think, however - I'm neurotic about it every day when I blog. LOL.

Anyway, the interview looks great - excellent job and "thanks"!!

Happy holidays. :)

MargOH! Channing said...

Hey Seth,

I know I've thrown your name through the mud..; )...

In my eyes Cranky is a good thing. When people are too content it is a little scarey...don't ya think.

If people say I'm totally happy with my life I know they are full of crap...

I think you have a lot to say and I agree with what you say about the internet and "gay things". When I came out it was pre-internet and there was no choice but to go to a gay bar to meet people. Now I go back home and go to a bar and they are empty unless it is a weekend.

In my day you would have something to do every night of the week if you wanted to....Now everyone just has to click for sex or relationships, etc., etc.

To me it has had a negative impact on gay social scene.

like MargoH! says get off the internet, "get your ass to the bar and talk to someone and have an old fashioned one night stand"

XO, BT

Anonymous said...

Great interview. Seth, I feel like I know you without knowing you! lol.

Great read, looking forward to more Chew the Fat!

xoxo

Glenn said...

Enjoyed reading the interview as well... great job, both of you!