Monday, September 8, 2008

The Urban Beach

Hey Gays,

On Sunday I had to go to my piano man's place out in Rockaway Park, Queens. I of course being a manhattan dweller shuttered at the notion of a 1.5 hour train ride out there, yikes. Who in the hell would want to live out there....

The trip was probably like 2 hours each way from door to door. I had never been down there before but I have to say that the beach is enormous and the boardwalk is really nice. it reminded me of the coast of connecticut, where I grew up. I was really shocked at the amount of beach and then I was told it was the largest Urban beach in the world.

There are so many things to do the NYC area and honestly you only get to do and see a portion of it. I think next summer we'll have to go down for the day for some beach fun and hang out.

Here are a couple of pics from the boardwalk, really nice




Who knew??

XO, BT

3 comments:

Glenn said...

That's what I love about this city... one could live here their entire life and still not see everything or experience everything the city has to offer. For example... I'm wanting to take the tram to Roosevelt Island just for the hell of it.... to get a fresh new perspective on the city. It's important to have that and I think as New Yorker's we sometimes take it for granted and travel in the same circles all of the time.

MargOH! Channing said...

hey Glenn,

Yes, you are so right! we actually went to roosevelt island to check out an apartment..it is interesting out there to say the least. Check it out.

Next year we'll have to head out to Rockaway with speedo's for a dip!

Kisses, MargoH!

Glenn said...

...good to know I have a FULL YEAR to get my body in shape before wearing speedo's. Off to the gym right now!