Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hard hearted Hanna

Hey Gays,

We were suppose to go have a lovely dinner with friends tonight but the MTA system can't handle anything when it rains. They already put out a warning for service disruptions before we have a drop of rain...

I hate that! Our friends do live in upper Manhattan so it's like a 45 minute subway ride and some of it is above ground so i guess if you have 50 mile an hour winds that could pose a problem. I was looking forward to a good time though after the workweek so I guess I better run out and get some booze.

I think we'll do mojito's. Is there really anything else to do during a huge rainstorm in NYC but drink...I hate when it rains here, its so messy to get around. It's 2pm and no rain yet so Hanna better not be a bust, damn her! I want to sheets of rain..LOL

Ok, so then let me tell you about what happened on Thursday. I was supposed to get vitamin b 12 shots per my gastro doctors recommendation. He told me to call my primary care doctor to set them up so I called them (Callen Lorde)and set them up. Now i asked them if i needed a script or something because gastro guy didn't give me one. They said no, you just some in for the shot.

So I go on Thursday and am brought back by one of the nurses named Will and when I get in the room , he said "Do you have it", i said "have what?"he then said "the b-12, we don't have that on hand , usually you pick up at pharmacy and then we just inject it". I of course was like "Oh, my doc said to just come here" and got up and kind of huffed out of the room and he tried to apologize and I said don;t worry my dr. is an idiot. So then I went to the gastro guy to ask for a script to get the b-12and then reset the appointment for shot. They tell me that my primary needs to prescribe it and have it on hand and they give me a script to the primary to set up an appointment to have them get me B-12.

This whole thing is a mess and it just proves to me that the medical community has become more and more chaotic. Nothing is easy anymore and I think it is because of Insurance companies, they have all these doctors dumbed down, not sure what they can and cannot do, it's very odd. The patient is the only on who suffers and at this point I just want to forget about it. I'm going to call my primary doctor again and try and figure out what to do, though this seemed like this would be a no brainer..

The funny thing was this morning it dawned on me after listening to Sirius that the nurse who I was dealing with at Callen Lorde was Will Wikle. I guess he's in that movie another gay sequel and one of the actors mentioned he is still a nurse by day in NY..It must have been him but he shaved most of his hair off but now that I think about it, it was Will Wikle from LOGO travel show. Oh, dear I gave Will Wikle attitude...yikes!! LOL. if I go back will he stick me harder...

I do have to figure this out or this fat gay will go crazy...I need my shots!!

This is me tired of it all



XO, BT

No comments: