Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sarah Palin, I can't fucking believe it


Hey Gays,

Well now...I've been quiet on politics because you know its a losing battle, i feel, to even discuss it...

Our government is so out of control on all levels for 2 reasons, I believe.

One is money and the other is complacency. As far as money goes the shift in wealth in this country and around the world is not good. The gap between the rich and the middle class and the poor has become too vast and people who shouldn't have money are loaded with it, jackasses that play the stock market and win don't tend to spend their money on anything but themselves, big houses, big cars, etc. etc. etc. When the balance of wealth is more even then it seems the world is a more bearable place. Living in NYC you get to see first hand the crazy of wealth up close and gays it is scary.

The second is complacency, the knowing that everything is fucked up but not doing anything about it. We now live in a country where protesting is looked upon as being unpatriotic. To tell you the truth if it weren't for protests in this country(violent ones), nothing would have ever happened. I marched during the Republican convention when they were in NY in 2004 and though I felt good about Marching, I felt that it was worthless because when other Americans think it is okay to go to war for no reason and argue amongst themselves rather than at the government than nothing will change. The last time there was radical change in this country was the 1960's and early 70's and back then we had violent protests that shook people up. Today, nothing changes because no one wants to listen.

This brings me to my title Sarah Palin. Talk about something that comes out of utter complacency, I've never seen anything like this before. John McCain, the maverick, picks a running mate just because he thinks he can gain women's votes. I know all Presidential nominee's pick running mates to gain a state or a minority vote, etc., but choosing this woman just goes to show you how the government knows people in this country are dumb. They really think people will fall for this smoke screen.

Do we really want this woman to possibly be president. I could not imagine it...but as I sit here and write this people are actually contemplating it. We are also being told that her 17 year old daughter "Bristol" should be off limits....why? isn't it important to know that a person who could become president by default mothers her children.

I give you this..take a look at Chelsea Clinton and then take a look at "Bristol", please take a look at Amy Carter compared to this situation. It amazes me how people look at everything so black and white. I know not all kids are a product how a parent raises a child but honestly when i look at those kids with her, they look manipulated and forced into behaving a certain way. I also love how "Bristol" held her baby brother to hide her stomach....I just can't get over republicans and how they process situations.

I'm not a violent person but why is there no upheavals any longer. I think Cindy Sheehan was the closest person we have had to a radical in a long time. I think we need more Cindy sheehans in our country or we'll keep ending up with people like Sarah Palin in power, which truly sucks...

Plus look at that nut Cindy McCain, what a nut job she is....she has to hold onto her tax break or else!

XO, BT

No comments: