Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Freakin New Year

Hey gays,

Well yesterday was an experiment in terror...or should I say Traffic. We left NYC at 12:15 pm and arrived in Providence at 7PM...Yes 7 freaking hours for a drive that usually takes 3.5..Coming home today we left at 7:50am and arrived at 11:15..normal.
I honestly was expecting a 5 hour drive...but 7...yawza

Why is it when a tad of snow falls people freak out?? Honestly the weather all the way up to RI was not that bad but no one would drive over 30 MPH, I actually got off the highway and drove on route 1 most of the way.


Luckily we were going to Jeff's cousin's house any my friend Mike joined us and of course we had fun so it made the journey well worth it. We had lots of food, a little drink and lots of cheer. Jeff's cousin Tammy, who is more like his sister, has breast cancer at 36 and is going through Chemo at the moment. She is such a wonderful person and is being brave. She is an inspiration and makes me want to be a better person, I love her!! Her prognosis is very good but it is a long process and she's getting tired of the treatments but is cheerfully getting through it! Thank goodness!!

We had a blast and it was good to see Jeff's family and my friend Mike!!

I'm posting a picture from me decorating our tree..a calm moment..LOL rather than pulling what little hair I have left out of my head....



One thing I've learned about myself from yesterday was that I hate traffic!!!

XO, BT

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm guessing you experienced a little thing called Connecticut on your way to Providence. It's crazy how much the snow gets hyped up. The weather folks paralyze the state when a freakin' snow flake falls.

As I've been back in Connecticut for the holidays (and several occasions of snow) I'm reminded of this. Seriously, I live in a land that always snows. If we acted like this, we'd basically stay sheltered from Oct - April annually.

Thanks for letting me vent my snow-traffic frustrations. I feel ya. Happy New year!

Fatt-ee Gay said...

Hey Yekim,

Yes, the worst traffic was in CT, it started in stamford which I'm usually prepared for but after it taking 45 minutes to get from stamford to norwalk i got off and drove up route 1 until after new haven but it never really let up until we hit the RI border...A mess, CT traffic stinks on a good day but add in snow and it is crazy...

XO, BT

Jeff C.-S. said...

A very sweet thing you said about T, babe. xo