Thursday, January 22, 2009

Busting at the Seams

Hey gays,

The winter weight is getting a little crazy.....eveything is getting a bit tight...LOL

Next week I'm back to the gym to do at least 30 minutes of cardio to get my
metabolism working. I also gotta cut out the junk food..I'm crazy with it.

I had to eat a half bag of dorito's last night watching Lost so I could get even more Lost....that show makes you want to eat...LOL. I actually DVR'd it but I still ate the bag of dorito's watching househunters international.

One of my co-workers had a major operation last week to remove a Carcinoid Tumor. It is a very rare type of tumor that shoots large amounts of seratonin through your body. It was removed from his intestinal tract so he hasn't eaten anything in a week. He just started eating soft food yesterday.

I went to visit him last night at Mt. Sinai and he was doing well and should leave the hospital tomorrow. He told me he was having dreams about food all week...It amazes me how the body can cope with such trauma, he was up and walking around, the surgery he had was like 9 hours long and they had to take out a piece of his liver because some of the tumor lodged onto it. The doctors said he was lucky to have had some symptoms of the disease. Most people who get this don't and by the time its discovered its too late to do anything.

After leaving the hospital it really made me think about the amount of food I eat and that its a little out of control but i still bought the damn snack...I really have to cut back on my eating...its making me sad...but I am glad my friend has a good prognosis, he is a nice guy!

XO, BT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are sooooo on the same wavelength! I'm right there withose damn Dorritos--ever since you mentioned them while in Providence--I've loved them! I wrote an open letter to my fave blue jeans! It's getting out of hand! lol...

Carcinoid tumor in the intestine. My God, I hope your friend is better and I pray for a full recovery with no remission.

xo

Fatt-ee Gay said...

Hey what happened to GPL....it's gone, I'm sad...

XO, BT