Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Memory


Hey gays,

I guess the vitamin B-12 is kicking in. It dawned on me yesterday when I was reciting a whole song I've been practicing for a performance in my head. A few months ago I was having trouble remembering my lines or even losing thought mid sentence a lot.

In the past when I would learn a song that I was going to Lip Sync I would pick it up really quickly but over the past few years I noticed a change. It seemed to take me a twice the time to just learn the words.

I have a method I use when learning a new song. I usually listen to the song 100 or so times before I even start trying to perform it. When I lip sync I also breath as the performer is breathing. I've always thought this added to the performance and made it look more realistic. I also use my neck and jaw a lot to accentuate the song giving the illusion that my vocal cords are moving as well. Sometimes when I'm done doing a Liza song I'm exhausted because I try and use my whole body.

The shows I did in 07 especially RAW after looking at the tapes I was disappointed in my Liza portion of the show. I could tell I lost focus and wasn't using my techniques, not my best.

After rehearsing the two number's I'm working on now I feel a huge difference. One song is Liza's version of "What makes a man a man" and the other is a Rockette in turmoil performing "I am what I am". The difference is that I feel a lot more no nonsense, meaning I'm not struggling with the direction of the songs or emotion, etc.

Reflecting I really think the vitamin b-12 deficiency was wreaking havoc on my emotional state because I was always feeling very uneasy and unsure as well as detached..

I never went for the shots but I started doing a high dose sub lingual that Jeff picked up and after a month or so it seems to be kicking in...

I'm just so gay about it!!

XO, BT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! nice to hear to that the b-12's are jammin in your body! Looking forward to haering more about how your writing is going!

MargOH! Channing said...

I've been enjoying your blog, especially the coming of age stories. I think I've decide to share my first experience with a guy, though its not as interesting as yours..; )