Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Manhunt and the Republican

Hey Gays,

While I was on vacation and hopping around Florida we had Sirius Radio in the rental car. It is fabulous and I can't believe I didn't get it sooner but I'm getting it this week. I love the Out channel and the talk radio, especially "The Frank Decaro Show". He is really funny and a fatee as well. I really would like to be a guest on that show. Actually my friend ken Kleiber does a guest spot on there....

Any who, while we were driving to the keys we heard about the "Manhunt" republican... They were taking calls on the Michelangelo signorile show and all the queens were in a titter about a guy on the board had donated money to John Mccain. So.....I was thinking...

Jeff and I started talking about it and I understand some of the gays positions about not wanting their money going to a republican candidate and if they feel they can't pay to be on Manhunt anymore that's great, just do it!!

The other part of the issue for me is that the gays should do their home work about everything they do, really. From the liquor they drink to the clothes they buy to food they eat. I'm sure all or most of the things we buy support the republican party in some way or another. I'm sure every company has a republican on the board giving money to John McCain.

I understand Manhunt is a little closer to home and the gay lifestyle but I would not automatically think that a website that is a gay sex site be owned strictly by a gay liberal. Actually in my experience all the gay bars I went to when I came out were owned by straight people who had gay managers running it or even in Rhode Island, the mob owned some of them...The owner of one bar "Gerardo's" was actually homophobic I think but that didn't stop the queens from drinking and dancing up a storm.

My point is that nothing can be 100% sacred and if we have problems with contributing money to something we don't agree with that's great but I think we have to dig a lot deeper and look a lot wider in order to keep a balance.

I do not think this guy should have been forced to resign for a political view, though I think gay republicans are morons, that doesn't give me the right to tell someone how to live their life or conduct business. Get over it Gays!!!

On the flip side of this just maybe the gays will stop going on Manhunt and go out more and talk to people. I miss the days before the Internet when you had to go out and be social in order to meet other gays. If not for that I would have never met my Jeff and we are going 14 years strong.... The Internet is good for many things but I don't think it fosters community, it makes everyone passive aggressive and creates more labels.....

OOH! goodness, I'm tired now..... I'm sure this whole Manhunt thing will "Blow over" ......LOL

XO BT

No comments: