Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Cho Show


Hey gays,

I got a chance to sit down and watch the "Cho Show" last night.

I was a big fan of Margaret Cho in the beginning and I still am in a way. I loved her message about being accepted for who you are and her fighting attitude. Some of that spirit has been lost in my opinion and this show is faux reality. I do like that she has her parents involved and she was spot on about her mother. She has never made it a secret that she is a tad dysfunctional and she's not afraid to let that show. Her assistant is cute and supplies a lot of laughs, I wonder how long she's been her assistant.

Of course, she has her posse of gays, not quite sure who they are....I think I would be a great gay for one of these shows..C'mon Margaret give me a chance!! I bet my hubby Jeff and I would make for funny moments for you...we are a riot at home.

The show itself was fine but I'm not sure if I'll watch again, I guess I'll Tivo them and watch a few in a row.

Has anyone else watched it? She is a fatty as well, well a yo yo fatty!!

XO, BT

4 comments:

Jeff Guard said...

HOW AWESOME IS THIS SHOW! She has really come into her own and found an even more daring, sharp and fabulous voice. Long Live Cho! Viva la revolucion!

Fatt-ee Gay said...

Hey Jeff,

Yes, I do like Margaret but I felt the show was almost exactly like Kathy Griffin's show. I'll keep watching! I love the parents, very funny

XO BT

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of Margaret Cho. I've been to several shows and had the pleasure of meeting and greeting her. She's fab!

Chow (The Cho Show), however, was a little painful to watch. Almost every moment felt forced, from the spontaneous gathering of her gays to recap the day to the unveiling of her not-so-dress.

The best parts were when it seemed Margaret was being herself, being funny and wild.

I will watch it again, but right now, Kathy Griffin wins the comedian with her gays vote, from this gay.

~Mikey

Fatt-ee Gay said...

hey Mikey,

Yes, I agree I'm mixed about the show. I do like Margaret, the show itself is too staged...I'll check out a few more episodes to see where it goes!

xo BT