Friday, August 22, 2008

Health Alert for a fatty

Hey Gays,

This just in, news flash. BT, thats me just found out that I have a very low vitamin B-12 count....my count is 20 and the normal count is 400. My doctor joked and said i don''t think a dead person's level would be 20. This is obviously a Celiac related issue but he wants me to have a colonoscopy to explore my large intestine because he feels i may not be absorbing correctly which may mean I also have Crohn's Disease

Oh, great , another issue to deal with. I had gone to the Dr. because it seemed to me that my Celiac symptoms were getting worse but actually my gluten levels are negative...thats good....though this explains why i'm tired all the time and spacing out. Having a low vitamin b-12 count can make you tired and forgetful and to tell you the truth I've been having trouble remembering peoples names and not remembering things people just say to me, etc. but I thought I was just getting old.

I have to go get shots now on a monthly basis. Oh, grand! Though I read that MGM used to give all the old Hollywood stars injections to help them sustain their long hours, I'm sure they pumped Judy and Mickey with tons of B-12. I knew there was a reason that Mickey Rooney was so Spunky all the time...it's not natural...

XO, BT

No comments: