Thursday, October 2, 2008

A bad night

hey gays,

last night I did a last minute performance, well I knew about on Friday and I planned on singing the new song i 've been rehearsing "Hard hearted Hannah". It was weird , I didn't feel right last night, like I wasn't in character or something.

This performance was solely to promote the October 16th show. I think the issue that was nagging at me but didn't realize until after I performed is that most burlesque shows are geared towards a straight audience. The last time I performed at this event the crowd was more mixed but last night there were a lot of straight guys and gals and winning people over in 2 minutes with a comedy bit doesn't always work and last night I bombed.

I hate that, not that I bombed, but that i was there to promote and bombing and promoting doesn't mix well.I did the song ok but after i felt i should have done a more drag lip synch #, something the crowd would expect from a drag queen, you know..

In the end it's all just to be in peoples faces so that's good and i did hand out cards and promote the show so whatever but MargOH! hates not making a crowd go wild..aaargh!! Maybe if I do this show again I'm going to do something from "Dream girls"...LOL

XO, BT

No comments: