Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A little Trip

Hey Gays,

So sorry for my lack of posts. I know you've been biting your nails waiting for the next one....LOL

Any who, now that the craziness of my show is over I have to sit down and start writing new material for upcoming performances. It never ends....but I guess its good to keep busy and to keep plugging away.

A couple weekends ago we went on a little road trip with our best gays Jeff and Glenn. My Jeff and I had to go to a wedding of Jeff's cousin so Jeff and Glenn had asked us previously if we wanted to go on a weekend trip to Newport. Guess what? The Wedding was in Newport so they gave us a ride up there and we had a lovely time.

The wedding was pleasant and quick, though I must say I had a little too much booze and not enough to eat and was like hugging everyone and crying about silly things...I'm telling you there is something about drinking wine during the day...yawza..

The following day we had an interesting breakfast at the hotel we were staying in..the ultra ritzy "Holiday Inn Express" in Swansea Massachusetts..it was a tad Nascar to say the least but it was a place to sleep. We made our way back to Newport and spent the day at the mansions, we toured The Breakers and Rose cliff. The breakers was really cool and the opulence of the Vanderbilt's is something I need to aspire too..LOL. I think I need to sex up Anderson Cooper or better yet may Gloria Vanderbilt herself..well I could wear a blindfold for the latter...that's terrible. Rose cliff has a much more sorted history with several different owners, etc. They film many movies there and have weddings, i guess you can call it the whore of the mansions... It's funny I lived in Rhode Island for 13 years and I hardly ever went to Newport...It is a lovely place.

In the evening we met up with my friend Michael for dessert and coffee and headed out for some wild Providence nightlife...mmmmm there really was none to be had, it was a Sunday but it was Columbus day weekend so I figured there'd be a little activity but not really, sad. Providence used to be a great place to go out for a gay bar hop, not sure what happened or is it I'm getting old...Could be!

We had a lovely time and here are some pics. If you ever get a chance to visit Newport go for it, it has a lot to offer.



2 comments:

Glenn said...

I love that photo of us... Jeffrey looking so mischievous and I, the saint, with heavenly light on my praying hands. LOL

MargOH! Channing said...

Yes, thats why I chose that one..LOL . Very good pic! but I still think you have the devil in ya!! LOL