Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A New Project

Hey Gays,

I'm working on a new project and for the first time will include me....and my character MargOH! Channing.

In the past few months I've been kicking around and idea about doing a semi-autobiographical show about how I became a performer. Now as of yesterday I have an actual outline and will start writing this show.

I also will be looking for a director for the very first time. I usually write, perform, produce, direct and promote all of my shows. This time around I feel like I need some guidance.

When I did my last string of solo shows "What makes a legend drink most?" I wasn't happy with the final outcome. I did have some good performances but I don't think the overall show was put together well. I did ask for some assistance from my friend Beth who is an actress to critque and give me some pointers on performance. Beth helped immensely and my Final show of which I titled "RAW: A Command Performance" was much better and well recieved.

I know now for this project I will need direction. I've also asked my pal Scott to write me some special material as well, he has a cutting wit that will be perfect for this revue.

I'm not divulging much about the project because it is very early stage but I'm really excited about exploring new territory and using a different approach to my performance....

I'll keep you updated....

xo BT

No comments: