Friday, February 6, 2009

I is Poor

Hey gays,

I read this article about the cost of living in NYC. I've always known that living in the city is expensive but to be honest with you I didn't think it was this bad. When you are living something every day I guess you lose sight of certain things.

Recently though I've started to see differences. The supermarket across the street which was pretty reasonable compared to suburb supermarkets was bought out by Shop rite and the prices have went way up. A block of Cracker barrel cheese is 6.99, that is outrageous compared to the 4.59 it was when it was morton williams. On the average everything in that store is 50 cents more and it makes a huge difference. Also our landlord raised our rent 6 % this year, ouch...So we have to move because we are paying over market now for this apartment.

According to this article I'm not even middle class...I guess I is poor...

Providence is looking good at the moment. I would love to move back but I will miss the city and all it has to offer even if we are barely getting by...

XO, BT

2 comments:

Jeff C.-S. said...

I've never though of us as poor (at least not since we've been in NYC). I tend to think that article is a bit off in its methods.

xo

Fatt-ee Gay said...

I know, I know, the article says we are..XO, BT