Friday, February 27, 2009

Feeling a little Green



Hey gays,

Well of course you are! March is upon us and I'm feeling Green, anxiously awaiting spring to start..It can't get here fast enough.

I'm Irish and St. Patrick's was always a big time in our house. Even before my parents had their Irish pub and restaurant we always had a party. St. Patrick's day is also my mothers birthday so a Keg of Green beer always was tapped at our house. The Shea's was the place to be....Corned Beef and cabbage for everyone...

When they opened the restaurant it turned into more of a nightmare. It was the busiest day of the year until it closed. If you went to visit you usually were put to work in some way, kind of taking the fun of it out of the mix. Though I have to say in a way I miss it a bit because I know how much my mother enjoyed it. They would always have a huge cake and sing happy birthday at the end of the evening and a dance with her kids or father. Everyone would be sloppy drunk by the end and singing or something......

That's the luck of the Irish after all....

XO, BT

No comments: