Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blossom Dearie

Hey gays,

We lost another fabulous performer Blossom Dearie

She is one of those performers you may hear as part of a jazz channel or in the supermarket over their music intercom but you may not know exactly who she is.

Blossom was another great reason to live in NY. She performed for several years at Danny's skylight room and Jeff and I went to see her a couple of times. Her shows were so fun and for someone well into her 70's her voice was very good, she sang in this sugary sweet voice but a lot of the songs she sang were hysterical or had a zing to them. I guess you would call her a performers performer... Here is a clip from you tube.

I sang this song in one of my shows because I just loved the way she did it! If you don't own a Blossom Dearie cd, go get one. She is perfect to listen to on a Sunday morning with your coffee.



XO, BT

2 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

I love that. I didn't know Blossom Dearie.
I'm a fan of Frances Fay
she was a riot too

Fatt-ee Gay said...

Frances was a lot of fun too, love her!!

Blossom's voice is just so cute!!

XO, BT