Friday, April 3, 2009

Waiting

hey gays,

A while back I talked about a show that I was writing and I finished the first rough draft or the first final draft, I guess I'll call it. About the same time I finished there was a festival coming up and also Pride stage so I decided to submit to both. The Pride stage theme is paint the town ruby seeing it the 40Th anniversary of Stonewall and I thought that doing a piece of my show "For the love of Judy" would be perfect.

I always hate submitting my stuff to festivals and events because I usually get rejected, though I did get chosen for "Gay life expo" last year. Now I'm waiting to hear back. I know in my mind these things are all political and about having the right exposure, its not always about the work itself but in my heart I feel like crap when I don't get chosen.

In the end I'll just do the show on my own but I guess its the support of your peers that mean something , a stranger reading your work and thinking its worthy of being seen and heard...

Now I'm waiting



XO, BT

1 comment:

Jeff C.-S. said...

I'm waiting with you, kid! And just remember that your worth as a person is determined by NO ONE else and your worth as an artist is NOT determined by one or two people who happen to have some power in certain circles...

Hang in and think positeeeeeve :P

xo