Thursday, April 16, 2009

Imagining me

Hey gays,

Last night I went to see a show "Araby" composed by my friend Chris Rael. The show is fabulous and the music
is touching. He sets the story to The Dubliners by Joyce but it's about his relationship with his father who died in a tragic accident.

He talked of his father giving up on his dreams or setting them aside for the life he had but he was unhappy. There were a lot of similarities in the show to my father, well I don't even know what my fathers dreams were. He is really vacant and doesn't talk much about his feelings.

The whole thing is I was thinking that in my show that I make my mother kind of a tyrant. I'm wondering if it is too harsh on her, i don't know I'm just thinking I'm doing the wrong thing at the moment. I do wrap the show up on a positive note because I'm fine with my mother now for the most part.

I hate whenever I see some one's show I start questioning myself and my writing. I'm always happy to experience other people's art and I learn from it and this show was really touching. I hope mine is a little bit...

XO, BT

1 comment:

Jeff C.-S. said...

I think it's a good that seeing Chris' show made you look at yours - it means that you are still open to the evolution of the piece and that you view it as a living work. Remember how long Chris has been working on this and how much it has changed along the way (likely more than we know). Take heart, babe!! xo