Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be Gay

Because of the way we treat each other. Well the way I get treated

Hey gays,

I can't hold my tongue any longer!!

Recently against my better judgment I decided to submit my work to a gay themed festival and Pride stage in NYC.

I have never heard back from either one of them? it is not in their literature that they only respond to those chosen. What the fuck is wrong with these people i.e. gays. I have submitted to other festivals and always get a response back either way. It's only fair, don't you think? if you take the time to send a package in and have it reviewed and scrutinized on whether its worthy or not then you at least deserve the courtesy of an answer. Somehow in the art/theatre/gay capital of the world NYC some of these organizations don't feel the need.

It's 100% perfectly fine not to get chosen but it really pisses me the fuck off not to get a reply.

I've been told before that festivals are about who you know, and I know that's true in most cases but that does not excuse the total lack of courtesy.

I'm gay and I'm not homophobic but some of these fucking fags need to take their balls out of their purse and do the job they are supposed to do.

If I were in charge of choosing acts or plays etc. especially for a gay themed event i would go out of my way to respond to everyone because its the right thing to do...

People who know me know that I try my best to be nice and work well with others but enough is fucking enough with these assholes.

I will never apply to another festival. There are plenty of Pride's so i can't say I'll never apply to one again but honestly for the size of "Heritage of Pride" they could certainly send an email or a form letter saying thank you for submitting...

a few months ago a very popular and hard working drag queen from Rhode Island told me she felt let down by the gay community. At this moment I know how she feels!! I don't deserve to be treated like crap especially by so called like-minded gays....

What the fuckles!!! When will I ever learn?????????????????


XO, BT

2 comments:

Seth said...

Don't be upset you did not get a reply - the people at Heritage Of Pride have not gotten their heads out of their asses since sometime around 1982.

MargOH! Channing said...

Hi seth,

Thanks for the reply but It's no excuse.If they are running an event and ask for submissions they should expect to reply to everyone. I'm tired of making excuses for stupid people who can't handle their obligations.

I submitted performing a piece of my show "For the the Love of Judy" seeing the theme this year is paint the town ruby...

Just because people are gay does not give them the right to be flakes and assholes.

XO, BT